[fomus-devel] regression testing

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 16 06:09:57 UTC 2006

A test suite is very much needed at this point--I think the :data
backend shouldn't change too much now.  If you'd be willing to help,
that would be great.  A possibility might be to extract just the data
being tested from the .fms file (for example, if testing onsets of
measures, extract only the measure offsets & durations and verify those,
etc.)--this might be more flexible (and maybe not too much more
work...).  One of my plans was also to write a function to generate test
outputs with all the backends (and MIDI) and combine them (in an html
page for example) so they could quickly be viewed and compared
side-by-side (MusicXML will be the difficult one).

-David