[fomus-devel] MusicXML Importing (more or less)

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 5 04:35:50 UTC 2006

I have big problems importing rhythms into Sibelius when they involve
any kind of tuplet, even triplets (by now I'm sure that this isn't a
problem in the XML file but in Sibelius's importing)--the other obvious
problem with Sibelius is that the parts don't get grouped correctly,
(though this isn't as serious, I put in a way of getting around
this--I'm putting in a growing list of "kludge" variables to get around
these problems).

I'll put a list of these in the documentation as I find them--I wouldn't
trust Sibelius at all at the moment.  So far it seems that Finale (with
Dolet) imports all of the basic things without mangling them...