[fomus-devel] MusicXML Importing (more or less)

Kilian Sprotte ml13 at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 4 08:41:03 UTC 2006

Am 03.02.2006 um 09:16 schrieb David Psenicka:

> Finished the MusicXML output and it should also run in Windows now.
>
> Unfortunately, there are some issues importing tremolos, harmonics
> and a few other things into Siblius and Finale...

Cool, that sounds very good, I haven't really tried out the MusicXML
using fomus, yet. But from other experiences I made, I believe that
neither the import into Finale nor Sibelius (seems to be worse) works
without issues that one would categorize as being solely cosmetic. :
( 5-Tuplets seem to be too hard for Sibelius and with Finale I don't
remember what (nested tuplets?), but there has been something else as
well concerning the rhythmical structure (I only used the demo
version, so maybe...).

If one concentrates only on the rhythmical framework, time
signatures, durations, tuplets, beaming and pitches, are your
experiences with Finale or Sibelius pretty okay?