[fomus-devel] Re: LispWorks

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 6 15:22:25 UTC 2006

Thank you for your attachments.  I'll have some time to look at the
tuplet bug in the next few days...

There's a slot in the timesig class called "div" where you can specify
possible measure subdivisions (as number of beats in each subdivision).
For example: (make-timesig :off 0 :time '(5 8) :div '(1 3/2)) or
(make-timesig :off 0 :time '(5 4) :div '(3 2)) or (make-timesig :off 0
:time '(5 8) :div '((3/2 1) (1 3/2))).  Looking at the '(5 4) example
just now I see that I need to fix the beaming algorithm so that it shows
the 3 + 2 division properly (another addition to the bug list).

There are also two settings, :default-meas-divs and :default-tuplet-divs
which are lookup tables containing default divisions (you can override
fomus's defaults with these), but they don't give you direct control.
Let me know if you have any additional ideas for controlling
subdivisions/tuplets--I'm open to anything that will make the program
more flexible.

I'm looking forward to seeing it work with PWGL/ENP--thank you so much
for your help.

-David