[fomus-devel] cello double-stops

ml13 at onlinehome.de ml13 at onlinehome.de
Thu Jul 28 15:42:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

thanks for solving my last problem via cvs :)

I have some more questions:

I am doing this to get a cello double-stop:

(fomus-init :ensemble-type :orchestra)

(fomus-newpart 1 :name "Cello" :instr :cello)

(fomus-newnote 1 :off 0 :dur 2 :note 61)
(fomus-newnote 1 :off 0 :dur 2 :note 55)
(fomus-newnote 1 :off 2 :dur 1 :note 45)

(fomus-exec)

Which returns this error:

Cannot distribute voices for part "Cello"
    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Well, I understand that the voicelim for cello is 1, but does a chord,
in which all the notes have the same duration already need more than
one voice?

I was trying to override the  instr settings by changing the first line
to:

(fomus-init :ensemble-type :orchestra
	    :instruments (list (make-instr :cello :clefs '(:bass) :voicelim
2)))

Which brings up:

Undefined function VOICELIM called with arguments (#S(INSTR :SYM :CELLO
                                                             :CLEFS
(:BASS)
                                                             :STAVES 1
                                                             :MINP NIL
                                                             :MAXP ...))
.

Sorry for not tracking this further down - I suspected that (voicelim
...) was erroneously called instead of (instr-voicelim ...), but I did
not really succeed... I have to first of all read more of your code.

Ciao,
     Kilian Sprotte