[fetter-devel] foreign-type problem (Cygwin Clisp)

Christopher Melen relativeflux at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 20:59:23 UTC 2008

Hi again,

To update on my previous problems: I've since discovered a C interface to the C++ library I've been trying to generate bindings for, and
I can now load the resultant bindings file. :)

I have a new problem, though (which is probably CFFI-specific, but I thought it best to post here as I'm only using CFFI in the context of Verrazano).
When I try and call any of my generated functions I get  errors which I don't understand. For example the following function -

TEST[4]>  (analyzer-configure (* .8 415.0) 415.0)
*** - FFI::FOREIGN-CALL-OUT: 332.0 cannot be converted to the foreign type DOUBLE-FLOAT

Here is how it's defined in my bindings -

(cffi:defcfun ("analyzer_configure" analyzer-configure) :void (resolution :double) (windowWidth :double))

The function configures an FFT analyzer. But why is the standard Lisp type double-float being referred to as a foreign type? Or am I
not understanding things correctly?

Cheers for any suggestions,
Chris