[fetter-devel] Re: [cffi-devel] Re: The results of your email commands

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:15:59 UTC 2007

> So the Verrazano project has been resurrected? Does it handle methods that

recently i needed a few bindings and worked on it for a while. the
core deserves a rewrite to use a non-sxml parser, preferably a parser
that emits clos objects and use method dispatch to emit stuff. i'd
even use contextl for hyper-customizability.

it's long towards the end of my todo list... i'd grab a better xml
parser (most probably cxml, also see
http://lichteblau.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-data-structure-for-xml.html
) and rewrite the internals of verrazano. it's not a big work, but
needs time and better understanding of c/c++ then i have offhand.

i'll write up a TODO in the repo.

but in spite of that, take a look at these example bindings,
especially the oracle one and the opengl one:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=fetter-verrazano;a=tree;f=/bindings

> are both overloaded and overridden? Is it possible to subclass a C++ class

as i've seen there was some minimal work on overloaded methods, but
it's bitrotted since then. as i understand it, a proper ABI
abstraction layer is completely missing from verrazano-runtime.

> in Lisp via Verrazano? I started to develop support for both these features in
> Swig; maybe I should switch to Verrazano.

i really think you should. verrazano is superior in two aspects: 1)
it's based on
gcc-xml, and 2) it's written in lisp... :)

sorry for the cross-post,

--
 attila