[fetter-devel] [Fwd: Re: Verrazano rising?]

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 03:46:47 UTC 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Verrazano rising?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:54:19 -0500
From: D Herring <dherring at at.tentpost.dot.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
<1165998666.834834.53220 at 16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>
<_CWfh.448$n34.263 at newsfe09.lga>

Ken Tilton wrote:

> I guess what we really need is someone especially strong in C++, so this
> is a great chance for a Lisp noob/C++ wizard to walk straight into the
> Lisp hall of fame.

For the less wizardly, I have uploaded a brief overview of the C++ side
of things to http://androdna.com/basic_cpp_hack.zip

I also have a very primitive CFFI binding to C++ (Qt4, incomplete, some
glaring errors, only pops up a single dialog) at
http://androdna.com/pubsvn/qt_lisp/trunk/

Now I'm gonna give Verrazano a whirl.

- Daniel

P.S.  How does VZN compare to KDE's Smoke interface?
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/smoke/index.html

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd