[fetter-devel] Cygwin Blues trying to build win32/gcc DLL for FTGL

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 27 20:35:18 UTC 2005

Well, I installed Cygwin and the simplest example (hello world) did not
work.

The .exe got created without "x" permission. <sigh>

So I set the X permission and it runs. Well, I see an underscore
flashing here and there on my bash console window, but no "hello world"
and then I have to use the task manager to stop it. :(

Somehow I do not feel sanguine about my chances building an FTGL dll
using GCC. I suppose I could try, but...

...anybody comfortable with Cygwin who can build a DLL with GCC? or...

...any hope for support soon of VC++ dlls?

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950