[fetter-devel] Optional lispification, macro pruning

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:22:07 UTC 2005

I've recently added support in CVS for making Lispification optional.
For this feature, there is a new clause in the defbinding called
"OPTIONS". To get straight-C names, use the following clause in your
input file:

(options :foreign-names).

This will prevent Verrazano from doing any name translation.

I've also modified the macro reading code to grab filename information
from the preprocessor, and use that to add fake XML nodes to the IR.
Since this happens before the IR pruning phase, the result is that
macro definitions get pruned too. On my machine, this makes OpenGL
(including gl.h and glu.h) quite a bit smaller --- about 128K versus
300K before.

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem