[fetter-devel] Re: OpenGL on Windows

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 16:41:33 UTC 2005

>That's actually what it does. It sets symbols in the required headers
>as the search roots, then marks as reachable anything reachable from
>those roots.  There could be a bug in that algorithm, but I haven't
>encountered anything like that on tests I've done. Although, I haven't
>been able to test windows.h specifically yet. Maybe this weekend I'll
>sneak into the CS labs and use their copy of the full version of ACL.
>

>>I think I will go back to my first success (which included windows.h)
>>and see if ACL will accept the resulting (400+kb) library dot lisp.
>>

>A 400kb file isn't an indication that the pruning isn't working. At
>the moment, #define'ed constants aren't pruned because of the way I
>use GCC-XML to do the macro processing. Most of the lines are simple
>"defparameter" declarations that shouldn't cause you much more trouble
>than some extra memory usage.

So there is no indication in the GCC-XML output where
"IMAGE-FILE-MACHINE-ARM" originates?

> On my machine, SBCL compiles a similar
>300KB file (for something that includes opengl.h just to use GLint),
>in a second or two.

Compiling takes a few minutes under ACL7.

> Let me know how the loading of that file turns
>out. I just tried loading the binding generated for gl.h, glu.h, and
>glut.h, and it worked fine (with the undefined alien warnings that
>seem to be an SBCL issue).

It compiles and loads OK, now I just have to change the constants to
match VZN's renaming of those.

btw, I am about to take my Xserve downtown to a colocation facility,
might not be online much till evening.

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950