[fetter-devel] FTGL test and other things

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 06:54:40 UTC 2005

I've recently added an FTGL test to the testsuite. Currently, its a null
test, since all it does is check to see if the binding compiles, but it runs
just fine, and I'll flesh it out a bit more when I get the time. FTGL
exposed a bug in the dependency sorting algorithm, where the behavior of
mutually-referencing structures was poorly defined. Usually, it worked, in
FTGL, it didn't. I've modified the algorithm to assume that alias-types
don't create dependencies (as typedef doesn't create dependencies), with the
effect being that alias types tend to get bubbled up to the beginning of the
definition queue where they belong. I've also modified the C++ to CFFI type
mapper to map bool to char. This is somewhat less than ideal (but works due
to the sizes of the data types involved), and I'll fix that as soon as I get
Verrazano generating C-FFI's type mappers. Lastly, I've updated the C-FFI
backend to use foreign-alloc instead of foreign-object-alloc (which no
longer exists).

Sincerely,
Rayiner Hashem