[fetter-devel] ASDF assumption....

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 11:38:37 UTC 2005

opengl-library.lisp as generated by vzn tries an asdf load-op on
verrazano-support, but I like to use the AllegroCL project manager. It
is no big deal to have ASDF loaded, but then I also need a file which
pushes the verrazano-support directory onto the asdf registry, so /that/
gets set up before opengl-library.lisp gets processed and attempts the
asdf operation.

I am on record as hoping we can lose this vzn-support package, but as
long as it is around I think the right way to go is leave it up to the
user to have vzn-support loaded before opengl-library.lisp gets loaded.
It is a nice thought to attempt to automate that, but I am uncomfortable
that this assumes ASDF.

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950