[fetter-devel] unnamed bit fields

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:32:51 UTC 2005

(I've CC'ed Andras to this message)
It kind of depends on what Andras was doing. Bitfields are part of the
wait.h API.
As far as being unnecessary or unused, it also depends on what PCRE imports
and uses from wait.h. It's probable that to use PCRE, he doesn't need
bitfield
support per-se, just for Verrazano to transform structs with bitfields into
a format
that gives an equivalent memory layout. If that's the case, then the fix
should be
quick in coming (its basically a bug fix). If Andras needs bitfield support,
then I can
write a lowering pass, or Luis can implement bitfields. Either one is fine
with me,
especially since I'll apparently need the lowering pass anyway to target
other FFIs.

Sincerely,
Rayiner Hashem