[fetter-devel] Re: [cffi-devel] next review steps

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:48:38 UTC 2005

On 12/set/2005, at 21:12, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> ok, back in action.
>
> my current task is to take my working acl/win32 openal demo (using
> CFFI bindings generated by vzn) and try running it under;
>
> Lispworks/win32

Make sure you download the latest cffi-luis tarball, it contains an
important bugfix for Lispworks.

> CLisp/win32

I have never tested this particular combination. Not sure if it needs
the patch mentioned in cffi's homepage or not. Or what's happening with
calling convention, etc... (will try it out tonight)

> Corman Lisp/win32
> other? Armed bear? ECL? GCL?

Like I mentioned in my final report Corman, ECL and GCL are not quite
working at the moment.

I don't think Armed Bear CL is able to access C libraries though, at
least not without writint some JNI or something like that (my
experience with Java is limited).

> and then: OpenMCL/OSX

That'll work fine. OpenMCL passes all tests except callbacks.double and
callbacks.float due to a bug that has been fixed in its CVS version.

> Then I will review the documentation and test suite for completeness
> and make my CFFI-Luis evaluation (tho with time I would like to get a
> GLUT demo running to test callbacks).

Regarding the docs. Do you think a toc with one-line descriptions
similar to what's in UFFI's docs would be a good idea?

> Did you gentlemen prepare student evaluations and forward them to Heow?

What evaluations?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/