[fetter-devel] Big huge OpenGL-library on win32

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 8 04:34:52 UTC 2005

The opengl headers gl.h and glu.h require windows.h to get a clean
compile. Of course windows.h includes everything, so (congratulations!)
VZN produces a one megabyte source file opengl-library.lisp. ACL is
trying to compile that as I write this.

I tried hacking at GL.h and glu.h to get them to compile without
windows.h. This got gl.h to compile:

#define APIENTRY
#define WINGDIAPI

...but that did not work for glu.h (and I cannot quite make out why that
is not compiling).

I went looking for headers not so win-centric, but all I could find was
a gl.h which gave me the idea for those #defines.

Any thoughts? It occurred to me after seeing the same result on
winsock.h (which also requires windows.h) that it would be nice if
gccxml (or now Verrazano) could accept two kinds of headers, one kind
just to get a clean compile, the other to be turned into bindings. I
believe gccxml output indicates in which source file a symbol was
defined... perhaps VZN could use that info to solve this problem?

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950