[fetter-devel] Picking up SWIG definitions for different libraries

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 04:34:00 UTC 2005

I noticed an announcement for wxCL on c.l.l today. That is a C++ library
bound to Lisp the old-fashioned way, with C glue. Quite a large project
and obvious effort.

My first thought was that vzn seems to obsolete the whole effort. i
almost hope not for the sake of the wxCL developer's sanity.

My second thought was that we need to pick up SWIG definitions somehow
and use those to build binding definitions that capture semantics of
parameters, such as a pointer being specifically a pointer to a C-string.

Doable?

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950