[fetter-devel] Trying to get started (problems with require)

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 11 21:08:06 UTC 2005

I'm trying to follow the instructions at
http://common-lisp.net/project/fetter/getting-started.html using CMUCL
19A.  I'm using the CVS versions of verrazano and CFFI (downloaded
today 11 Nov 2005, cffi-luis branch).

Eventually, I figured out I needed to asdf-install :parse-number and
:s-xml (this should probably be added to the getting started page).
At this point, I can run generate the demos with the appropriate
generate.lisp file, but when I try to actually run one, I get an
error.  In my .cmucl-init file, I am loading CFFI (by pushing the
directory onto my asdf:*central-registry* and then asdf:load-op'ing
it), but the command

(require 'cffi)

is failing with

Error in function REQUIRE:  Don't know how to load CFFI.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

rif