[fetter-devel] Qt bindings

Ivan Shvedunov ivan4th at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:55:12 UTC 2005

On 11/2/05, C Y <smustudent1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Ivan Shvedunov <ivan4th at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some additional ideas I had concerning Qt <-> Lisp interaction:
> >
> > 1. It's possible to generate XML-based .ui files easily from Lisp by
> > means of any
> > XML generator and then make Qt load them or convert them into C++
> > sources via
> > uic. This can be used to build GUI declaratively in Lisp.
>
> Could lisp then interface with the GUI though?  (send it data,
> commands, etc?)

This problem needs to be dealt with separately. But once GUI is constructed,
many tasks can be accomplished by means of working with exposed signals/slots
and properties only, which can be done with minimal FFI usage (this is related
to the case when Qt is used as primary GUI library, not just for
McCLIM backend).