[fetter-devel] ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Wed Jun 29 17:35:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

my understanding is that this mailing list is devoted to both the FFI
autogenerator "Fetter" and the "Hello-C" FFI. If I am not wrong, then
let me now introduce myself.

My name is Juanjo and I currently develop a Common-Lisp implementation
called ECL (http://ecls.sf.net). This implementation belongs to the
Kyoto Common-Lisp family, much like GCL, and supports compilation to
both bytecodes and C/C++.

In the last months Michael Goffiou and myself have extended ECL's FFI
and in the process we modeled it after the UFFI specification. This has
been quite a success, with minor projects that include several parts of
ECL (BSD-SOCKETS, and a Win32-bridge to name two), SDL bindings, etc.
The next logical step for us will be to implement callbacks, and
motivated by our previous success it would be nice to fix on some
interface which is at least compatible with what people use, let it be
UFFI, CFFI, Hello-C or whatever.

In general, we are willing to extend ECL in any appropiate direction,
even if it means revamping the core of the lisp implementation itself.

Regards,

Juanjo