[fetter-devel] Quick CFFI update

C Y smustudent1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 06:09:05 UTC 2005

--- Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi, Cliff. I did not mean to bite your head off, just a couple of
> fingers. :) Everything you said was spot on as far as I am concerned,
> and input on design questions from the interested and FFI-savvy
> community is great to have, so don't hold back.
>
> --
> Kenny

No worries :-).  Irrelevant discussion is often a severe drag on
getting stuff done, so the request for ID was quite reasonable.  I'm
not currently all that FFI savvy - more a case of trying to visualize
what would be useful in Maxima, which isn't really a design criteria
;-).

Which does bring up one potentially useful question I can pose - for
those without much FFI experience, but wanting to get up to speed so as
to be actually useful to this effort, what are the recommended
resources?  Books, implimentation docs, FFI user guides?  Perhaps a
couple "read these before posting" links would divert the newbies and
convert them into slightly less new newbies ;-).

Cheers,
CY