[fetter-devel] Quick CFFI update

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 5 03:03:07 UTC 2005

C Y wrote:

>--- Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>C Y wrote:
>>

>>>This isn't too surprising, is it?
>>>

>>I am sorry. Exactly who are you? And what is your interest here?
>>Your comments are fine, but irrelevant to this discussion, which
>>is why I ask.
>>

>My name is Cliff Yapp.  I'm essentially an observer on these lists, but
>I do have an interest in FFI's in Lisp from the standpoint of the
>Maxima computer algebra system - FFIs are considered a promising way to
>incorporate things like fast numerical libraries into Maxima.  But for
>this to be viable we would need to have a univeral (at least over the
>free lisps we support) FFI.
>
>I apologize for being irrelevant.  Since I am not currently a code
>contributing list member I'll refrain from further comment unless I
>have actual code contributions.

Hi, Cliff. I did not mean to bite your head off, just a couple of
fingers. :) Everything you said was spot on as far as I am concerned,
and input on design questions from the interested and FFI-savvy
community is great to have, so don't hold back.

--
Kenny

"If you plan to enter text which our system might consider to be obscene, check here to certify that you are old enough to hear the resulting output." -- Bell Labs text-to-speech interactive Web page