[fetter-devel] Quick CFFI update

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:44:50 UTC 2005

[Rayiner/Kenny these mails should be sent to cffi-devel only right? If
you agree, I'll be sending future mails about CFFI to cffi-devel only.]

Hello,

I pushed my preliminary support for foreign globals to my darcs CFFI
tree:

   http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/darcs/cffi-luis

It works with sbcl/openmcl/clisp/cmucl (actually I haven't tested with
clisp yet) but requires a patch to clisp[1] and to sbcl[2] too.

I'm interested in your comments, and I had few questions in my notes
but I'll leave those for tomorrow as I'm a bit tired (and sore, and
dizzy) atm because I had a little problem today with a bike[3], a
stairway and the desire to jump the latter using the former with too
much speed and little experience/skills. :-)

Ah yes, the semantics of cffi-sys:foreign-var-address aren't well
defined yet. Namely when the var doesn't exist different things happen
with different lisps.

Do you think I should work on porting the existing features to other
lisps to answer your previous concerns, Kenny?

Bye,

[2] James nicely told me how to patch clisp for global lookup
     to work. I'm attaching the patch..
[3] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.steel-bank.general/813
     Someone sent me a fix, which didn't make it to mailing list
     for some reason. (I attached it)
[3] http://www.unionbike.net/MONDRAKER/imagenes1/level.jpg

--
Luís Oliveira