[fetter-devel] Progress Report for Week of Aug 1

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:09:31 UTC 2005

This week I:

1) Refactored the front-end to be more correct. As far as I can tell,
this component is pretty solid now, and successfully parsers a number
of interesting header files properly.

2) Added some new transforms like dependency-sorting the output.
Hopefully, C-FFI is less restrictive than UFFI in this regard. For
example, I can't figure out how to declare structs that refer to each
other (through pointers). It has a special case for self-referencing
structs, but nothing general. Luis, how does C-FFI handle this? In my
ideal little world, FFI declarations would be like defun's, and not
dependent on declaration order. Functional Developer's FFI works this
way. Maybe that's too much to ask for :)

3) Worked on a Cairo example. It's a bit more complicated than I
thought, since I've got to deal with X too for an interesting demo.
Life is kind of hard without callbacks...

4) Promotional work. Put up website, checked code into CVS, posted
message on c.l.l

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem