[fetter-devel] Fetter Update #2

Rayiner Hashem rayiner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 08:25:34 UTC 2005

Many points:

1) Project name is changed! The project is now called "Verrazano",
after the bridge into Staten Island, New York. Kenny seemed to like
the bridge motif, so this is what I came up with :)

2) Project web-page is up. http://common-lisp.net/project/fetter.

3) Sources are now in CVS.
http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=fetter

4) The front-end has been refactored and should be more correct. More
importantly, it'll be easier to maintain in the coming weeks as I work
on C++ support. A couple of new simplification passes have also been
added to make the back-end easier to write.

5) The back-end is in the repository. It's a bit sparse right now, it
handles functions and types. Tomorrow, I'll add structs, enums, and
typedefs. It should be fairly quick work. On Sunday, I'll put together
a little demo app, probably using Cairo.

6) I'd like to announce the project on comp.lang.lisp (and send
personal e-mails to the people you mentioned, Kenny) on Monday. I
think its at a point now where I can usefully respond to any feedback
I get.

7) C++ support is next. I'll be updating the design document with a
more detailed C++ game plan on Monday. Time is getting a bit short,
but I've also got much more time to work on the project than I did in
July. I'm figuring around Aug. 20 for usable C++ support. We'll see
how that goes :)

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem