[Eurolisp] [pro] RavenPack Lisp Job

Max Rottenkolber max at mr.gy
Mon Feb 23 16:56:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:04:00 +0000, Nick Levine wrote:

>> If you're German, you can take advantage of the Schengen area, and take
>> two months "holidays" in Marbella.
>
> I don't get the "two months" bit.

I imagine Pascal was implying that I might really like Marbella once I
checked it out? E.g. suggesting to just try it (tm). Maybe host ELS 2016
there? ;)

> If you're any EU national then you can just come and live here. Which is
> what I did last summer when I started working for RavenPack. Not
> something I would have predicted, even a couple of months before it
> happened, but certainly not anything that I have regretted for an
> instant. It's been a dramatic change from living in sleepy old
> Cambridge, it's quite an adventure, and it's a really interesting job.

I'm sure the opportunity is as good as it gets and if I was having
trouble finding (remote) work I imagine I would be more than thrilled to
do the leap. But as it is now, I have family that depends on me in my
home town, and remote job opportunities are good so far (even if its not
writing Common Lisp *sadface*).