[eurolisp] Only 10 places left for European Common Lisp Meeting

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 19 17:14:15 UTC 2005

Toomas Altosaar wrote:

>> Did I say 10?  I meant 5 ;-)
>
> You are obviously charging too little! ;-)

I thought 'saturation marketing' was the technical term for this ;-)

> Good work! Will you have a live web-feed?
>
> Seriously though: have you thought of recording the presentations
> onto video tape/hard disk and making the talks available on the
> net somehow?

If someone volunteers to do this, I'd be happy to help.

> Not only would it serve a useful purpose in promoting Lisp but
> would also document eurolisp's activities in a more permanent way.

Yes, I totally agree.

> A simple iSight camera, Apple's free Broadcast sw so that you could dump
> to disk, and a powerbook with lots of free space to save the mpeg4. As
> long as the audio is clean and understandable then it would make a
> valuable archive; video quality at 320x240 or even 160x120 would suffice.

Sounds like you're the ideal volunteer... ;-)

Seriously though: I'm not good at this kind of stuff myself, but I think
it's a good idea and I'll gladly assist people who want to do this.

It would also be nice if someone could take lots of photographs.

Arthur