[eurolisp] Opinions needed...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Dec 4 18:00:48 UTC 2005

On 2 Dec 2005, at 10:46, Arthur Lemmens wrote:

> Barry Wilkes wrote:
>
>> I think that the workshop format is a unique opportunity to get
>> feedback on ones ideas from a group with a wide range of experience.
>
> I agree with Barry here.  The workshop's "unique selling point" is
> the breakout group format.  If you want to hear talks about Lisp or
> just have a chat with other Lispers, you can go to the ILC or the
> ECLM.
> But the breakout group format was a nice intermediate between the
> "just sit and listen" character of a typical presentation and the
> "anything goes" character of an informal chat.

Thanks a lot to everyone for their opinions so far. I think I will go
for it.

BTW, I don't think that the breakout group format should necessarily
be a unique selling point of the ECOOP workshop. It could also make
sense to do something like that at other events, like the ECM or the
ILC. I have always thought that it's a shame that when some of the
brightest minds meet together that they don't actually use the
opportunity to also be productive together. But that's maybe just me...

Thanks again,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab