[erlang-in-lisp-devel] Hi, I'm here to help

Matt Bone thatmattbone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:10:48 UTC 2008

I think working on links would be a good next step.  It's probably one
of the more important parts of having others take the project
seriously.

As far as the event loop, I'm having some trouble understanding where
it fits in.  At the moment, when a process is forked it just creates a
passive port and on a receive does a blocking accept() until a message
shows up.  I don't really see the need for the event loop here since
there is only one thread of execution through each process.  Am I
missing something?  Or is the event loop less about receiving messages
and more about handling other events like the death of linked
processes?

I can see the importance of the event loop when we write our
equivalent of the epmd to get distributed processes working.

--matt