[elephant-devel] Multiple store controllers, with each its own set of classes

Arnaud Betremieux arnaud.betremieux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:13:28 UTC 2011

Sorry, I should have been clearer : I *assumed* this bug was the cause,
since there had been an SBCL update in the meantime. Maybe there were
other bugs ? Unfortunately, I don't have the previous version I was
testing on anymore. AFAIK, it was an unmodified, somewhat recent (a few
months) version of Elephant from the darcs repository.

Anyway, my latest test was done with the current git version from
gonzojive on github (had to remove the link to make the message pass the
common-lisp.net spam filter) and everything is OK.

My test was as follows :
- defpclass
- open new BDB store
- make-instance
- get-instances-by-class
- quit
- start a new Lisp instance
- defpclass
- open same BDB store
- get-instances-by-class

With the previous version I was using, get-instances-by-class would return
the correct list the first time, nil the second. Tracing map-index showed
that the btree used was a new one (new oid) at each open-store. With the
current git version, both get-instances-by-class return the correct value.

>  AB> After looking into this for way too long...It turns out I'm a
> complete
>  AB> idiot : I forgot SBCL had been updated at the same time I changed
my AB> code to split store controllers, and I was running into the MOP
issue AB> of new SBCL versions.