[elephant-devel] using one store with mutiple lisp instances

Lukas Georgieff lukas.georgieff at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 09:34:46 UTC 2011

Hi,
I want to use one elephant (BDB) store that is used with two instances of sbcl in parallel. The documentation [1] says that "Transactions will ensure there is no interaction between processes.". Does this mean that I have to use the common methods to open the store (open-store '(:BDB "path-to-database")) and have to ensure that all database-operations are guarded by "with-transaction"?
Some time ago there was a mail with the subject "[elephant-devel] PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery‏" - I think it was a similar problem, Leslie answered that
> when using multiple processes with one Elephant BDB store> you need to open the store with :register t.
that means "(open-store '(:BDB "path-to-database") :register t)" - I did not find this in the documentation?
Has someone any experience using elephant in that manner?

Best regards,
Lukas

1: http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/doc/elephant.html#Multiple-Processes-and-Distributed-Applications