[elephant-devel] How do I populate an index of a slot that wascreated later with values created before slot became indexed?

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Mon May 2 17:19:27 UTC 2011

FYI - I still run three production sites on Elephant BDB, although I haven't been tracking Oracle's latest releases...  I'll upgrade at least one of them to the next version you release and do some testing.

Elephant has been in pre-release status for a 1.0 release for almost three years now, it would be fantastic to clean up the remaining API, testing, and stability issues.  That would be a great co-maintainer contribution.  I was also unhappy with the association slot API so don't use them myself and there are other awkward issues here and there that kept me from declaring a 1.0 release.

As far as process is concerned; just run architecture or API change proposals by the list before you make them.  I used to consider silence as assent.  I will chime in as I can on likely consequences of changes or render an opinion, but feel free to use your own judgement.

I would recommend a complete code review of the schema implementation as a good first step; that's one area that often causes problems when making changes to different slot types.  I'm sure you'll catch design or implementation issues that I missed at the time.

Thanks,
Ian