[elephant-devel] Inspecting a bdb store

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Nov 21 23:50:33 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I'm _very_ new to the Berkeley DB way of doing things so please bear with me.

map-root allows you to inspect the root BTree of a bdb store, but having
created a few instances of a persistent class and performed a map-root, there's
no sign of these stored instances.  get-instances-by-class retrieves them but
what if I didn't know the name of their class?

To put it another way, if someone were to give you a bdb folder/store that you
(or they) knew nothing about, how would you go about inspecting its contents?

Is it the 'class root' that I need to map somehow? [1]

Seb

[1] The manual says that the 'class root' will be discussed later but the
    two-word phrase 'class root' is never seen again.

--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.