[elephant-devel] BDB stores don't work on my 32-bit Debian box either

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Nov 14 18:21:53 UTC 2009

Quoth Henrik Hjelte <henrik at evahjelte.com>:
> You could perhaps try to remove all fasl and generated files

I've been doing that all along.

> and recompile with an older sbcl version. Sbcl can have bugs sometimes.

This is what I'm going to do.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I despaired at the
thought initially but then I remembered that I have SBCL 1.0.30 installed on my
32-bit x86 Debian VPS and sure enough, I've finally got elephant to work over
there.

>> I'm starting to wonder if many people really use elephant, and whether any
>> elephant developers actually read this list?
>
> I and Alex use elephant on GNU/Linux, but the postgresql backend.

That's still good to know.  My frustration got the better of me :)

>> Is it because I'm using bleeding edge versions of everything I wonder?
>
> Yes, that would be my guess.

And it looks like you might be right (with respect to SBCL).

Thanks.

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.