[elephant-devel] BDB stores don't work on my 32-bit Debian box either

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Nov 21 22:10:53 UTC 2009

Quoth "Leslie P. Polzer" <sky at viridian-project.de>:
> Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>> If he isn't able to do it, then who is?

> Well, with "able" I mostly meant "has the time, motivation and energy".

>> Does such a person exist?

> I think there are a few candidates that could fix either Elephant or
> CFFI-UFFI (given enough time) and a whole host (including you) that could
> provide clbuild patches or a custom Elephant install script.

The file 'wnpp-projects' just needs to be altered so that it pulls in version
1.0 (which I've already requested[1]) and it might be a good idea to remove
CFFI as a dependency so that users are presented with a "system not found"
error (rather than a more obscure compilation error) when they try to compile
elephant without UFFI installed.  Again, this is a case of simply altering the
elephant entry in the dependencies file.  I can request this as well if you
like.

Beyond that, I don't see how else clbuild can be 'patched'.

>> It seems this is no longer necessary now that Ian's on the case.

> Ian's a busy man though so please consider helping him out nevertheless.

Done.

Seb

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.clbuild.devel/286

--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.