[elephant-devel] BDB stores don't work on my 32-bit Debian box either

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Nov 14 17:57:22 UTC 2009

Quoth "Leslie P. Polzer" <sky at viridian-project.de>:
> CFFI is younger than UFFI and works in a different way. They provide an
> incomplete UFFI compatibility layer, though.

Thanks for the clarification.

> [Luís is] one of the primary [CFFI] developers I think. But that doesn't mean
> that he's able [...] to do this work.

If he isn't able to do it, then who is?

> Why wouldn't one person be enough, provided they understand the matter well
> enough?

Does such a person exist?

> No I think this particular compilation has already been completed at this point.
> [...]
> Not sure about that. We need a backtrace, and please show us your
> bdb-constants.lisp.

I have a third machine (an x86 32-bit Debian VPS) and I've finally got
elephant-1.0 to work with a patched bdb 4.7 and SBCL 1.0.30.

I've been using git SBCL (1.0.32.14) until now so I'm beginning to suspect SBCL
(as Henrik also suggested).

My next move will be to go back to the latest SBCL release tarball and take it
from there.

> Yes. Request a plain account without any group access and get the files
> from /project/elephant/public_html. Then make the changes and send a patch.

It seems this is no longer necessary now that Ian's on the case.  I still
intend to provide some patches for doc/Makefile and doc/elephant.texinfo.

Many thanks for all your help.

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.