[elephant-devel] CLSQL Store

alain.picard at accenture.com alain.picard at accenture.com
Tue Jan 27 02:08:54 UTC 2009

OK.  I'm interested to hear you guys think this way.
So you think if I package the software as a SBCL+LLGPL
utils/BDB+BerkeleyDB,
I could redistribute that "core" as open source, and run
my "script" (i.e. my website) "on top of" that.

I think speaking to lawyers would still not really resolve the
issue; the aim isn't simply to be prepared to win a lawsuit;
the aim is to never get sued in the first place.  For that to
happen, I'd be more interested in the actual intent of the license
holder (i.e. Oracle), so they'd have to be contacted to bless
this interpretation.

Anyway, thanks for the response!  This is all highly relevant!

  --alain