[elephant-devel] Serializer compatibility

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:02:24 UTC 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 3:56 AM, Leslie P. Polzer wrote:

>> LPP> I spawned a thread that does some heavy slot access. So maybe
>> LPP> the serializer isn't entirely multi-thread or multi-process safe
>> LPP> yet?
>>
>> maybe. there were some issues with it (trivial ones), who knows,
>> maybe we've overlooked something.
>
> We should probably consider adding an MT test suite for the
> serializer.

True, although we do have an MT stress test which also tests the
serializer.

Sometimes errors in the serializer stem from:
1) A missing schema in the schema table
2) A missing package for a symbol that was defined earlier

I fixed a few bugs in schema management in the past three months.
It's possible you have stale state left over from when those bugs were
present.  When I have some time perhaps I can write some code to do a
consistency check for the whole DB.

Ian