[elephant-devel] Serializer compatibility

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Fri Feb 27 10:18:52 UTC 2009

 ??>> if you have a multi-core system and value stability over performance,
 ??>> i strongly recommend binding you lisp process to a single core (via
 ??>> taskset in Linux, for example). this way multithreading-related issues
 ??>> will have much less chances to happen.

 LPP> No choice in a web server environment, I guess. :)

why? you will essentially get single-core computer, but all benefits of
multithreading will be there, threads will be switched when they wait
for something like I/O or when their time quantum ends. i'm pretty sure
people were running web servers on single core/CPU machines just
fine.