[elephant-devel] Database trouble

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Thu Apr 23 10:56:07 UTC 2009

> I've tried wrapping my get-instances, that's fine and will work for now.
> I've tried ugrading elephant - that did not work at all - unable to open the
> db at all - but I don't have the details here, I'll try a bit harder, and if
> I get stuck I might post separately about this.

Yes, please do so.

> Rebuilding indices sounds interesting - I'll investigate in how to do this!

Just did a quick look and found it right away, check out

  (describe 'ele::rebuild-slot-index)

About the deadlock stuff:

You can run the external detector (or let Elephant start it) or explicitly
enable the BDB built-in detector. The latter works best and is the least
hassle -- I've posted how to do this on the list some months ago, look for it.

  HTH :)

    Leslie

--
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer