[elephant-devel] Ditching Darcs

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Thu Oct 23 09:01:05 UTC 2008

>>       LPP>  At least one revision from stable produces a non-trivial
>>       merge in unstable.
>>

>> what does this mean?

It means I have to manually wade through at least two conflicting
revisions.

>> why do you think mercurial would be free of problems? why not git?
>> what if next year some new uber-cool DVCS will appear -- will we have to
>> move to it?

The issue here isn't really "hg/git/ubercool-dvcs is better" but
more like "darcs sucks".

For example it drives me nuts that it doesn't give patches a
unique ID apart from the commit message.

But it's not that big an issue, of course.

If you'd all rather stay with Darcs that's fine by me.
There are way worse VCS after all. :)

  Leslie