[elephant-devel] Backend and data retrieval questions

Robert Synnott rsynnott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:19:34 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm using Elephant for a website backend.

First, since I need to use multiple web application machines, I'm
using the Postmodern backend. I assume there's no sane way to share a
BDB db between multiple machines? My BDB knowledge more or less caps
out at using it as a key/value store from C years ago, I'm afraid.

Also, I want to do paginated data, so, for instance, I might, given an
object A with index B, want to display the first ten items matching B
= whatever. What's the recommended (ideally efficient) way to do this?
How about searching via multiple indexes?
Thank you
Rob

--
Robert Synnott