[elephant-devel] Documentation Build Problems and Questions

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Mon May 26 13:42:25 UTC 2008

Thanks Glen,

Some of these are issues caused by a change in the APIs in unstable -
I haven't built the documentation locally in quite some time.  I'll
probably need to change some of the docs to accommodate this (like the
class indexing section).

Not sure about the png/pdf problem, but if the change you made works -
then just do it again using 'darcs mv' so the source control gets the
message.

If you can get it to work for you so you can work on the documentation
content, that should be enough for now.  Robert or I can sit down with
you and hash through this when some time opens up.

One thing that would be helpful is putting together a TODO list that
identifies the things that need to be documented or fixed:

1) Update all class indexing docs, especially derived indices (dropped
explicit API, hierarchical indexed slots)
2) Document new slot options in defpclass
3) Document associations
4) Document cached operation
5) Revamp database synchronization
6) Discussion of upgrade and schemas
7) Add section for postmodern backend
8) section on multi-threaded testing and update testing section in
general
9) Update 'multi-threading' considerations
10) Maybe a section on building the docs!  :)

Ian