[elephant-devel] 1.0 Release

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Wed May 14 19:20:06 UTC 2008

If the current flurry of interest and discussion around the query
system and an all-lisp backend starts to become actual coding, I would
support a delay in 1.0 and keep going on our current efforts to
produce an interim release that stabilizes the core content.  The nice
thing is that both of these projects are very modular and will have
only a minimal impact on the core code base.

We'll keep on track with our release process once the postmodern
implementation on unstable is in and keep an eye on these two projects
as to timing and release naming.

In the meantime, let's keep these projects out of the standard build
process (elephant.asd) and put them in contrib or at least under
optional elephant-query.asd or ele-lisp.asd system definitions.

Thank you,