[elephant-devel] Query System

lists at infoway.net lists at infoway.net
Wed May 14 17:45:26 UTC 2008

I've digested Ian and Leslie's comments on this thread and think we're
all on the same page now. I've been reading different papers and other
OODBMs in trying to propose a querying syntax and am pretty close to
completing this now. However, I have some doubts for which I'll need
someone's help with, which will allow me to continue drafting my
proposal.

I believe Ian (if it was someone else, I apologize for not quoting
you) mentioned that we could, as a later phase, introspect the class
and ask for the indices available in order to do some query
optimizations. So my question goes somewhere along those lines and I'm
wondering (please excuse my limited knowledge of Lisp and thank you
for helping my learning curve) if it's possible to obtain the list of
slots and/or slot-accessor functions for a given class.

Thanks,
Daniel