[elephant-devel] open-controller for bdb doesn't accept a pathname spec

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Tue May 13 22:00:18 UTC 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Ryszard Szopa wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Ian Eslick <eslick at media.mit.edu>
> wrote:
>> I had just run into this myself too!  Anyway, I made some tweaks to
>> the
>> patch and just pushed the fix.
>>
>> You could write a whitebox test for the auxiliary function I
>> created called
>> elephant-db-path which returns a pathname to probe-file regardless
>> of the
>> input spec.
>
> Here it is. There's one problem though: for POSIX-like systems,
> multiple subsequent slashes don't change the meaning of a pathname.
> This is not the case for CL pathnames. Should we care about it?

I don't think we should care.  The CL standard is just fine unless we
get complaints, which I don't think we have in the 4 years the project
has been alive.

> BTW there are some aspects of the tests system I fail to understand.
> For example, elephant-tests fails to compile
> (tests/testconcurrency.lisp wants to use package BT, which cannot be
> found).

testconcurrency hasn't been totally integrated yet.  we need to add a
test dependency on bordeaux threads (bt).

elephant-tests.lisp works fine for me.  What is the specific error you
are seeing?  Can you remind me what data store you are primarily using?