[elephant-devel] Query System

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat May 10 21:19:48 UTC 2008

> My other strong suggestion, besides starting by capturing the major
> use cases, is that we begin by implementing a procedural approach by
> implementing the building blocks for filter, sort, intersect, etc.  If
> we take the list of four filtering approaches above, we can start
> writing code that do these things and use them to implement some of
> the use cases. [...] This fits into the classic lisp bottom-up DSL
> development model (well proselytized by Paul. Graham).

I unanimously agree here. It's hard to come up with good use cases
and strategies, so we should build it bit by bit and watch it grow.

Coincidentally, this also fits in with my initial ramblings
(cited by Daniel) about LIMIT and the likes. My first idea here
was to add this functionality as keyword parameters to
GET-INSTANCES-*.

  Leslie