[elephant-devel] Status of Elephant Unstable Branch

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Mon Mar 24 00:59:09 UTC 2008

I definitely don't want to release until we're comfortable the tests
are covered.  We'll look for a reasonable consensus that it is ready.

FYI - The backend updates will require:
- Initialization of new base class slots with fixed-oid btrees
  (schema-table :reader controller-schema-table
		 :documentation "Schema id to schema table, an indexed btree")
  (instance-table :reader controller-instance-table
		  :documentation "Contains indexed btree of oid to class ids")
  (index-table :reader controller-index-table
	       :documentation
	       "This is another root for class indexing that is
	       also a data store specific persistent btree instance
	       with a unique OID that persists between sessions.
               No cache is needed because we cache in the class slots.")

- Implement duplicate btrees (allow duplicate keys ordered by key,
value)
  - add remove-kv-pair operator to augment remove-kv

- Schema IDs and bootstrapping:
  - next-cid (sequence of schema id values)
  - specialize oid->schema-id (accounts for reserved oids for the
fixed btrees above)
  - default-class-id (map class typename to class schema id)
  - default-class-id-type (map class schema id to class type name)

For an examples of the above see bdb-controller and bdb-collections.

I may be forgetting something, but this is the bulk of the needed
changes.

Ian