[elephant-devel] Updated version of last Postmodern patch bundle

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Sun Mar 16 19:15:20 UTC 2008

Dear Leslie and Ian Alex and Henrik,
	I can see now that I did not apply Leslie's updated patch.  I attempted
to rollback and reapply the correct patch.  Unfortunately, I was unable
to get to a "green" state under any system.  I find darcs much harder to
work with than CVS (however, I had a great deal of experience with CVS.)

	So, unfortunately, Leslie, I cannot re-apply our patch.  If you have
working code, please compute another patch directly against the CURRENT
tip of the main development branch in the repository.  I will then apply
this and see if I can get to green.

	Furthermore, in attempt to solve this problem, I restored my local copy
to the head of the main repository, and am green only under BDB.

	I'm afraid things have gotten a little out of control, although I think
we are using proper discipline and committing things only when we are
green on the local systems that we can test on.  However, I would like
to get the main repository back to a "known working" state for my
systems (SBCL, BDB, Postgres, Postmodern, X86 architecture.)

	I think the best way to do this is for Leslie to get green and send me
a diff; if I still have problems after that I may have to look into
Ian's checkins.  As a last resort we can rollback patches until we get
to something working...but that is a last resort.

	If I can't get things worked out after Leslie sends me the patch, then
I may have to ask you guys to test against the head and send me your
results on your systems.

	Ian wants to make a release in a few weeks, and we really need to get
back to a solid state ahead of that.