[elephant-devel] Re: Many patches pushed

Alex Mizrahi alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:31:41 UTC 2008

> Please let me know if there are any obvious problems out there in the
> field with postmodern or bdb.

does postmodern work for you if you run tests 2-3 times in a row? (and does bdb
work in such case?)

iirc it was popping up errors about class redefinitions or something.
i'm not sure how it works at all, so i did not bother to debug. could be also a
bug of SBCL which i was using.

also, iirc i have some postmodern patches pending, but unfortunately i cannot
access them now :(. i'll get to it in a week or so maybe.

and, by the way, what's with "CL-SQL and Postmodern & dup-btree", you did not
reply, so i don't know if i was confused or you were. should we have better
pset implementation for 1.0beta release?

also, just to note, db-postmodern won't automatically upgrade 0.9.1 storage to
1.0 format -- i just did not bother with it, as PostgreSQL style of upgrades is
to use dump/restore into intermediate format, so recommended way of upgrading
db-postmodern repositories is to use gp-export or similar util to make a dump
of database, and restore it into a fresh one.

with best regards, Alex 'killer_storm' Mizrahi.